Monday, October 03, 2005

Yosemite Fall Weekend


Yosemite
Originally uploaded by Bill Walker.

We had really enjoyed the mountains during a weekend at Yosemite for our friend's wedding. I spent some time on landscape photography, and even processed some of them in black and white. It's a stunning valley, and trying to capture it with a photograph is _so_ hard.

Late Sunday night we found a movie at the visitor's center about the career and working style of Ansel Adams, who knew a thing or two about photographing Yosemite valley. What I didn't know is that he trained hard to be a pianist, and judging by his playing in this film, he would have been a darn good one.

In processing the photos from the trip, I had one or two moments where I thought the black and white image looked righht, and those were electric moments. Perhaps that feeling was what kept him going, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Spectacular photos, Bill. The black and whites are impressive. Rugged territory. I'm afraid I'd be back at the lodge enjoying a drink and, hopefully, listening to someone play jazz piano. Then I'd see the scenes on your laptop. Mary says you saw a bobcat! That's why I'd be in the lodge. What a big chicken,huh? We can't all be adventurers.