Thursday, March 15, 2007

Hummingbird Quest


Allen's Hummingbird
Originally uploaded by Bill Walker.
Hi, just a quick note to thank Gary Aspenall for his detailed directions to El Polin Loop, a location where he has previously photographed Allen's Hummingbird. This quiet natural spring in the middle of the Presidio turned out to be very productive, with the hummers posing on useful perches and drinking from the spring in close proximity. There's not a lto of light, but even so I highly recommend it as a place for practicing your hummingbird shot. Bring warm clothes for the first hour of daylight, and stay alert -- these little guys move fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

O-o-o-h!!Hummers. What a pretty bird the one is pictured. Wish I could have been there. I'm looking forward to seeing my one or two hummers in my yard this year (if I'm lucky). Mom