Saturday, March 18, 2006

Wings over Andrew Molera


Andrew Molera State Park
Originally uploaded by Bill Walker.

We had a great day birding with Steve Shunk (see field notes) at Andrew Molera today. I travelled light, carrying just the 300mm f/4 and my 17-40mm for landscape shots like this one. Partly, I was scouting the Carmel area for a weekend in Carmel at the end of April. I'm looking forward to that. I did manage to grab my first photo of Hutton's Vireo, bringing my ABA (*) lifetime species photographed list to 291. I hope to make it to 300 later this year. (Photos on flickr)



(*) Note: American Birding Association publishes each year a summary of various bird-watching records, including most species seen in one day and most species seen in one year. Among these records is the lifetime number of different species photographed in North America. See ABA's Big Day website for more details.

No comments: