Thursday, March 02, 2006

Portraits at the Duck Pond


Goose
Originally uploaded by Bill Walker.

I stopped on the way to work today at the Palo Alto Duck Pond. My goal was to experiment with adding an extension tube to my 500mm telephoto lens. This allowed the lens to focus more closely than would otherwise be possible, making it the perfect tool for making detailed portraits of the birds at the pond. I need more practice with this combination, but I'm happy with these results (Seven photos on flickr).

3 comments:

spinnity said...

It's the "come hither" goose. What a cutie.

Wiz Knitter said...

He is so cute! Very coy, very flirty. Is is mating season or what?

Bill Walker said...

I agree he/she looks coy, but I've never found the behavior of these geese to evoke terms like "coy" and "shy" :-)