Monday, June 27, 2005

Kern River 2005


We're just back from an outstanding four day trip to the Kern River valley. Our fearless leader, Bob Power, showed us a lot of beautiful mountain birds, including some Mary and I hadn't seen in a long time. One of them, the Green-tailed towhee, has been my nemesis for eight long years, ever since Mary saw it on one side of an interstate rest stop while I was on the other side.

This trip was also notable because I rented a Canon 500mm f/4L from Keeble and Shuchat and dragged it with me everywhere. Although it got heavy from time to time, I really enjoyed using it, and got some decent results, most of which are posted at birdWalker.

You can look at the thumbnails for all the pictures organized in by date, the Kern ones are at the top:

You can look at the reports for days one, two, three, four of the trip, click on the little Cameras to see the photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crazy good photos. You're developing two directions... a virtual mountain of artistic images *and* a deep catalog of species. I really enjoy how you see.