Wednesday, February 16, 2005

flickr, flickr, flickr

Hey all,

While sitting here at the Blue Rock Shoot in Saratoga (totally free WiFi!) I have decided to plunk down my hard-earned cash on a flickr account. (In the interests of full disclosure, I will add that I was pushed over the edge by the knowledge that my very creative friend Cassidy, originator of the graffiti archaeology movement, has a big presence there.

flickr is far and away the most interesting social networking website I've played with, even though it has the fewest number of people I already know. Something about fact that all the participants are creating and posting photos gives it a very creative feeling.

flickr is also far and away the most aesthetically pleasing photo sharing website I've ever used, even though it doesn't (yet) have the kind of bird photographer community I find at fredmiranda.

Anyway, I'm enjoying posting stuff there and being the recipient of near-instantaneous random acts of positive feedback as people discover my latest uploads. Rather addictive, actually!

No comments: